PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION POLICY – MAY 2018
The Christchurch Food Festival Education Trust (CFFET) takes the protection of personal data seriously and has always kept secure any personal data it stores.
On 25 May 2018 new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force which strengthens current laws to give individuals more rights on how their personal information is handled by others. This regulation is overseen by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
CFFET is not a member organisation, nor does it conduct marketing, it therefore holds no databases for such reasons.
Personal data held by CFFET is for the legitimate running of the Trust and to undertake its work.
STORAGE AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Trust will:
- Publish a record of what kind of personal data it holds and how it is used
- Keep the data it holds safe and secure
- Ensure that individuals who believe that CFFET holds their personal information can request details by contacting email@example.com.
- Ensure that the rights of individuals under GDPR are actioned when a request is made.
- In the event of a data breach, the Chairman of the Trustees will be notified immediately who will notify this through the appropriate ICO procedure
- Ensure those individuals whose data CFFET needs to store knows why it is needed
- Use only photographs with permission or in the public domain
- Regularly review this policy